View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 05:50 PM   #62

For all intents and purposes, the Taurus is little more or less than a Beretta 92 except for the different safety systems. The only real difference between the two will be slightly better fit and finish with the Beretta. Whether or not that's worth the extra money is entirely up to the buyer. If you buy or own the Beretta, I'd recommend always returning the hammer-drop safety back to the FIRE position after the hammer is decocked. It is a DA/SA pistol that's designed for that mode of carry. The Taurus safety system, IMO, is better for me. You can carry it cocked-and-locked, or you can decock to put the pistol into first shot DA mode, but the decocker returns automatically to the FIRE position once released. As mentioned before, to raise capitol for a new plant in the US back in the mid 80s, Beretta sold their plant in Brazil to Taurus and the only change in production that isn't cosmetic or a light rail was Taurus' modification of the safety system in the 90s. Original Taurus 92s had the same exact frame mounted safety that early Beretta's had and what they made for the Brazilians. Look at it this way, the present Taurus safety system is good enough that H&K saw fit to copy it for Variant 1 USPs. IMO, $500 is too much to pay for the Taurus. I bought one in 08 from Academy for $379 and they shouldn't be much more that that today.

Page generated in 0.02976 seconds with 8 queries