View Single Post
Old May 15, 2011, 09:05 PM   #1
theplague42

Fixed or variable scope?

Hey first time posting here. A little while ago I bought a Mossberg 702 Plinkster at Dick's when they were on sale. I've been shooting handguns for awhile but this is my first rifle, and a friend said that the bolt-action one would be a fairly good entry-level rifle for someone as cheap as me

Anyways, a club I belong to has monthly silhouette shoots and I want to compete in them. (by "compete" I mean participate; I don't expect to ever win against some of the demi-god shots in my club) For shooting 100 yards with a .22 LR, should I get a fixed or variable scope? I'd like to get a fairly good scope for under $60. I don't need a 1 MOA scope, just something reliable and fairly accurate. I won't be hunting, only target shooting.

The two scopes that people have suggested are 4x fixed and 3-9x variable. I know fixed are better quality for money and more durable, while variables are more flexible. Anyone have suggestions? Any suggested brands? I'm leaning towards fixed b/c of price.

Last edited by theplague42; May 15, 2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: More to add

Page generated in 0.03754 seconds with 8 queries