View Single Post
Old May 7, 2008, 10:36 AM   #10
Sevens

MOST dies built in a caliber that's typical for a semi-auto pistol will include a taper crimp feature on the bullet seating die. MOST dies built in a caliber that's typically a rimmed revolver round will include a roll crimping feature on the bullet seating die.

Whether or not you are crimping depends on how far your bullet seating die is screwed in to your press.

If you are properly loading lead bullets in a .45, you should be flaring or belling the case mouth to accept the bullet. If you are properly loading lead bullets in a .45, you should also be taper crimping the rounds if you want them to properly feed and chamber in most any pistol.

A Lee FCD may help you to produce better feeding rounds, but there's many thousands of us out there who have done fine without one. This could be because of die adjustment, bullet size & choice, the particulars of the pistol that eats the ammo or technique at the press.

Page generated in 0.02488 seconds with 8 queries