Thread: .38 lc ammo
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2011, 08:21 AM   #18
BlueTrain

Thanks for the information. I learn something new all the time, although I don't usually make the effort.

The .32 special I mentioned was in fact only listed for Iver Johnson revolvers in the reproduction 1940 Shooter's Bible, which is a very interesting reference. A word of caution, however, first mentioned by Skeeter Skelton, is that just because something was listed in a catalog, it didn't mean you could actually find it in a store. But were we to be transported to those golden days of yesteryear, there could still be a few surprises.

We generally form a lot of images based on movies and television. Mostly we have the idea that all cowboys carried Colt Single Action revolvers. And everyone else had either an S&W M&P or a Colt OP or Police Positive. The bad guys, of course, used Lugers. Sometimes you can see surprising things, however, in an old movie, although it shouldn't detract from the fact that it's still only a movie.

I have an obscure movie made in 1947 that was set twenty years earlier. To impress his girlfriend, a "meek" lingerie salesman decides to act like a tough gangster. He soon finds himself in front of a real gangster, who has his own way of impressing people. He pulls out (barrel first!) a large frame break-top S&W revolver. I was impressed!
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.02710 seconds with 8 queries