View Single Post
Old November 13, 2007, 11:55 AM   #11
rem870hunter

foster type slug in a rifled barrel

i shot about 20 brennekes through my fully rifled remington barrel. after zeroing in at 50 yards. heading for 75 then 100 yards. a 2 inch group. i ran out of ammo. the inside had alot of lead and powder residue in it. i cleaned the hell out of it. went back with more ammo. it shot a 5 inch group i shot some at 75 and got a 6 inch group. at 100 they went 18 inches low. all shots were with the open rifle sights. i bought some win. super x bri sabots. at 10 bucks abox. really cheap and shot a 3 inch group at 75. without any sight adjustment.i went back for more they were 12 bucks a box. i recently put true glo sights on . at 100 i was have a little bit of trouble seeing the front blade. i shot a 2 inch group with the remington slugger at 50. using my smoothbore barrel. with the open sights. a 1 and 1/2 inch group at 50 with my scope on it. a 1.75-5x20 off the wall no name. that barrel did'nt like the brennekes. they shot a 6 inch group at 50. i tried wins. estate, and federal too. the winchester ranger 1 oz. low recoil came in as a close second with a 2 and a 1/2 inch group at 50 with open sights
my wingmaster 870 mag like the sluggers too. i shoot a 2 inch group at 50 with that. scope on that too. fixed 2.5x20 tasco i think. both shotguns have the b square bracket. not cantilever mounts. no need to buy another barrel for a scope mount. i look at it like this. should something happen to the scope. i can remove it and still hunt with slugs. with accurate sights.

Page generated in 0.04995 seconds with 8 queries