View Single Post
Old October 9, 2013, 03:22 PM   #33
Gaz_in_NZ

Quote:
1. not to destroy the target/backstop. they dont want you popping off at that brand new 70,000 dollar bullet trap system with your max pressure loaded 300 grain fmj 44 maggie loads.

2. not to blow up the gun.

3. not to stick the bullet in the barrel or cylinder.

the ammunition you used was a success on that part.
While I do agree with your synopsis my beef is with the quality of the product, low load that causes unburnt powder to drop all over the place especially clogging up behind the ejector star.
Bullets that appear to be not seated to the right depth, reloads put into already split cases and supplied to a club and loads so inconsistently inaccurate so that in the comp I shot on Sunday I even put a hole in the next target with one (and believe me I ain't that bad) the first five sighters were one in the 8, one in the 2 at 12 o'clock, one in the 5 @ 3 o'clock, one in the 6 @ 6 o'clock and one off the bottom of the target @ 6 o'clock. With the same gun (a club gun that really needed a cleaning session spending on it) that I can normally get 5 Factory Fresh sighters off with nothing outside the 8 ring.
One set of 10 had a group of 8 shots (@ the 7 o'clock position) that was 1.5" diameter and 2 fliers in the 2 @ 11 o'clock, the next 10 looked like They had been all shot with SG's from an unchoked, short barreled shotgun, 1's, 4's, the odd 7 and 3 off the target.
It's just the sheer all round crap quality of the ammo that I find hard to swallow, and if it was free then there's nothing really to gripe about but it was $30 for 50, and yesterday I replenished my stock with FMJ CCI's for $35 for 50.
I have sent a complaint in to the club president, with photographs, and I'm awaiting a reply from yesterdays committee meeting as he replied to my original e-mail saying someone else had complained to him with exactly the same problem.

Cheers
Gaz

Page generated in 0.02709 seconds with 8 queries