View Single Post
Old July 2, 2011, 03:51 PM   #50
claymore1500

Quote:
Wildalaska

I would never own one or shoot one but that just me .

why not?
I have to agree with the "Why not?" part of this post.

I mean, If you dislike Mauser rifles, Or you don't care for the .308/7.62 nato round, Ok then, I'll buy it.

If you are concerned about the potential of a "KABOOM" then I must respectfully ask, do we not face that possibility virtually every time we chamber a round in any gun we shoot, I would say yes, granted the odds are stronger with some, but they are there in all.

There are modern guns that have a reasonably shakey reputation for holding together, I won't mention names but the first on that comes to mind starts with "G", Do you hold them in the same regard?

I bought an M-1916 spanish mauser years ago when they could be had for $90.00, Since I have owned it, there have been MANY .308win. rounds fired thru it, I have checked it many times and have read all of the "Horror stories" and much of the conclusions posted concerning the actual differences between .308win. and 7.62nato. And while I have personally chosen to take the route of prudents, and hold off shooting it with hot loads, until I have the equipment to load my own, I still like the gun, and it is by far the most accurate milsurp I own.

Page generated in 0.03560 seconds with 8 queries