View Single Post
Old May 30, 2001, 09:24 AM   #4
Poodleshooter

caps Don't buy CVS caps. They have trouble with Pyrodex. RWS is considered to be one of the better caps. Remington and CCI are also pretty good. Basically they work or they don't-reliability is key here. I don't worry about it as much as I do for primers when reloading.
projectiles 1x48 will work with sabots, but they can be expensive and aren't really fun after awhile. I use MMP plastic sabots and use my own 240gr LSW .44cal bullets for use as a cheap sabot load. They shoot to the same POA as the 240gr Hornady XTP's I load for hunting. Conicals are great! If I can suggest this, get into casting if you don't already. Given the high cost of conicals, I have already "paid" for my equipment by casting my own conicals. I don't even cast for anything else, but I have still already recouped my costs! (This is more a testament to the high expense of conicals). Mine are so cheap to shoot that I don't really even load much roundball anymore.
don'ts Don't ever foul a barrel badly, then try to ram down a tightly patched roundball. Unless you like swearing. Oh, and resist the urge to push "just a bit harder" on any wooden ramrods.

Page generated in 0.03626 seconds with 8 queries