View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 01:00 PM   #23
BigJimP

right now ammo prices are all over the board.....but

.357 mag ammo ...and .45 acp ammo ....in my area - retail - is typically about the same around $ 30 for a box of 50 rds...

9mm ammo in my area is $ 16 - $20 for a box of 50 right now ....

with the new NY State regulations in force, I don't know if you can still buy a Sig 226 with a 10 round mag or not...or if its entirely prohibited. The 226 is a nice gun - and personally since your state only allows mags of 10 rds or less, I still think its a good solid gun ( I have all stainless versions of the 226 both in 9mm and .40 S&W).

A good revolver ...like a Colt Python or a S&W model 27 ( which in my view, are comparable in quality ) and are both high end, desireable guns, that will be good long term guns in your collection ...are very good buys - and going up in price for the last several years..

Many of us ( or at least me ..) have a number of revolvers, and a number of semi-autos ...so a lot of picking a gun depends on where you want to go long term. From my perspective, both the Sig 226 Elite - or a Colt Python are very good long term choices...vs guns that you will end up trading in or getting rid of short term.

Last edited by BigJimP; February 1, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.03525 seconds with 8 queries