View Single Post
Old April 18, 2007, 07:59 PM   #25
Seville

abilene

My understanding is the cross lock for the base pin was the original. That is what my dad says. The front 45 degree angle screw came after he left US Arms in Riverhead. So the lower number would be the original gun. The latter being Mossberg but with some of those having a transfer bar. As to the lawsuit, Ruger sued both US Arms and United Sporting Arms. My dad went to William B Ruger SR. office in Conn and basically settled the lawsiut with him. The big problem was Ruger had all the money. As dad tells it Ruger told him the only ones benefiting from the law suit was the lawyers. It was really creating a going broke situation for United Sporting Arms. Dad and Ruger agree to end the litigation between the 2. Then United Sporting Arms agreed Ruger had a valid patent and Mossberg was sunk. They had to change the transfer bar as Ruger, at that time, licensed us to use his patent. The company had never done that before. Ruger told dad the only reason he did it was the quality of the Seville and El Dorado line.

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 8 queries