View Single Post
Old July 26, 2013, 07:40 PM   #20
Sevens

I don't rotate EDC... ever. And the reason is extremely simple: I am a real handgun enthusiast and handguns are a visceral experience for me. I love 'em and have a blast chasing down the guns I really enjoy.

It seems to me that the ones that are best suited to personal defense carry... are guns I don't otherwise enjoy. Or, at least enjoy nearly as much, and not at all in the same way.

So I have a fine defensive gun and EVERYTHING else I chase, buy, love, shoot and enjoy and dote upon are fun guns that I love.

So I keep my Glock for carry and I practice with it, but I have no desire to chase down any other tupperware because I don't like 'em. Soulless, passionless tools that might just as well be in blister packs hanging from a pegboard in a hardware store.

And on the flipside is just more to back up my game plan-- the guns I truly love and enjoy the most will get regular use from shooting and cleaning, but I am not comfortable with banging them in to door frames, sweating on them, filling them with lint and filth and putting them through the finish-wearing rigors of daily concealed carry.

I don't ask or expect others to agree, but it does work for me. Same Glock 29 at my side right now... as it was in October, 2008.

Page generated in 0.03715 seconds with 8 queries