View Single Post
Old December 26, 2005, 10:15 AM   #8
N.H. Yankee

Winchesters Muzzleloader is also a Traditions made from what I have seen, if this is true do you think Winchester is going to take such a chance? Also Austin and Halleck is Spanish made. I also saw one of randy wakemens articles praising the Winchester which is just a repackaged Spanish made gun DUH!!!!!!!!! I have read a few of randy's other bashing articles and I feel he is looking for 15 minutes of internet fame. Where is the proof of all the dead and maimed CVA and Traditions owners?

I owned a TC Cherokee that couldn't get within 20% of max load without an over pressure problem. I have had more quality problems with T/C's muzzleloaders than any other gun and I live in N.H. where they are made. I mhave a friend who swears by TC, he says they are great. He owns 5 of them and had to send 3 back due to problems and since they fixed them without a hazzle he says they are great.

I owned a Black Diamond that had the scope mount screws drilled off center and the scope could not get zeroed on target at 100yds, also the false muzzle looked like it was made with a rat tail file. I took it too fox river outfitters which is T/C's N.H. warrenty station and the idiot cranked my windage so hard he broke my $400.00 scope. and claimed there was nothing wrong because he took a scope zero tool stuck it in the barrel and destroyed my scope to get it to center!!!

I went to T/C and they were not happy and replaced the barrel but not the scope and Burris would not repair it for free due to abuse by the A-HOLE at Fox Ridge! I shot the new barreled black diamond and the guns best group was 4 1/2 inches at 100 yards for 3 shots after 3 days of various bullets, sabots, and loads. When I called T/C and talked to tech support they said it meant thier accuracy standards, when I asked what the standard was they said it was not public information!

I went out and bought a Traditions 209 and it shoots 1 1/2 inches at 100yards and the trigger is actually better than the black diamond! I have owned the gun 4 years, it has always gone boom with 90 grains of 777. The Black Diamond I owned as far as I am concerned was not a diamond but a piece of charcoal.

I have found that if you want a GOOD American made muzzleloader go with Knight. I wish I could endorse T/C as they are made here at home but I have owned 3 and had problems with all 3.

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 8 queries