View Single Post
Old July 21, 2012, 07:33 PM   #25
Botswana

I love how within minutes the grandstanding about gun control began.

However, not that we shouldn't remain vigilant, but the whole gun control issue is a political non-starter. This is not the first time politicians have grandstanded trying to shore up public support, but it just never manages to materialize.

A LOT of people are going to be talking about "Gun Free Zones" yet again. That's a good thing. We've either got to quit advertising the easiest places to victimize large numbers of people or businesses that insist on having gun free zones need to start providing some security. I'm still waiting for the inevitable lawsuit.

Politicians who have run on gun control quickly find themselves without support. They'll talk up "reasonable" measures but as long as voters continue to punish them the talk will go nowhere.

Be aware that gun control advocates are VERY VOCAL. Do not let them cow us into silence. I am surprised to find how many people in my office are gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters. Especially among people I thought would be fairly liberal. There are far more people who believe in the preservation of the 2nd Amendment then there are trying to take it away.

I think in the end, politicizing tragedies does not get gun control advocates the results they want.

Page generated in 0.03858 seconds with 8 queries