View Single Post
Old August 9, 2013, 12:16 PM   #20
lcpiper

I take it that you are acting as the executor of your Father's estate Bereabuck?

I want to apologize in advance as I don't want to sound offensive in any way but I also don't want to assume that you are familiar with some laws concerning your father's guns.

I'll simply mention in short that if any of these guns are going to be transferred to someone from another state other then your Father's last State of Residence, then you should be aware of these federal requirements.

If the guns are specifically being left to any of you by bequest, as in by a written will, then the recipient can simply come and get them as long as they keep in mind other relevant State laws. But if there isn't a will then and the guns are going across State lines, you should use an FFL at both ends of the transfer.

If the will says the guns are to be split between you all without specifying who get's which guns, perhaps the executor can draft a document that will do so and is acceptable to the fed's, I can't say for sure. You would need to look into it.

Nice guns BTW.

Ohh, but if, in the will he left them all to you, then if you are passing some on that would be a separate action and you would just use an FFL if they gotta go out of state.

Page generated in 0.03962 seconds with 8 queries