View Single Post
Old April 27, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Doc Hoy

Some good news at the Gun Show

I saw a WHOLE LOT more ammunition at the Gun Show in Virginia Beach. Almost any caliber and in most cases as much as one wanted.

9mm was limited at one vendor's stand to 200 rounds.

Brass was abundant.

Two vendors had returned who had been missing in recent shows.

Saw four different rifles I wanted. 1894 Marlin for 475.00. 1894 Winchester with octagon barrel for 900.00. Henry Big Boy in .357 for 719.00 and an old Remington Rolling Block 7 mm Mauser at 500.00.

For starters a stayed away from the Remington because I didn't like some of the other stuff I saw at the vendors table.

1. An Uberti Cattleman in Cap and Ball configuration for (get this) 900.00. The pistol was not new, not special. I think he was hoping to score on ignorance.

2. Had a revolver which was a non-firing replica in a Colt 2nd gen box, priced at 400.00.

3. Had an 1860 Colt steel frame revolver that had a 2nd or 3rd gen barrel connected to an unmarked steel frame. It had a grey Colt box.

I figure if this guy will lie three times, he will lie a fourth. So I gave him a wide berth.

I thought the Winchester was a little overpriced. It was old and in good condition but the caliber was off for me (.32 Winchester Special).

The Marlin was also not that much different from my M92 from Rossi.

Additionally the guy selling the Henry offered a little bit of a discount for retired Navy so I came home with that.

All in all, a good day.

Page generated in 0.02123 seconds with 8 queries