Thread: Gun Safe Help
View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012, 08:43 AM   #1
FJ4ZROX

Gun Safe Help

I have a "Remington" labeled Liberty safe with an S&G electronic lock (the old 2 9V battery style). Over the years, I have had intermittent problems gaining access to the safe. I input the combo, but get nothing...after 4 attempts of the CORRECT combo (no memory issues here), the lock goes to "lock out" mode???

Any suggestions? I'm ready to replace the lock with a new unit (dial type), and relegate the safe to ammo storage only...getting a newer/stronger/bigger safe for my valuables. The improved security available and ability to easily/quickly gain access to the interior will make the purchase worthwhile alone.

So - any ideas or suggestions on how to get the damn thing open? I know to rotate the handle all the way to the left (unloading the bolts), and I know nothing is pressing on the door from the inside (the 2 top ideas from the local safe sales shop). Should there be any "slope/angle" to the safe (ie canted backward slightly or completely level)? Anything else? Safe company can't replace the lock without me opening the safe....

HELP!!

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries