View Single Post
Old December 1, 2011, 02:31 PM   #30
Alpha Wolf

Double Naught, first what is with the people like you comment?

You jumped to a lot of assumptions.

I never said the police should not investigate when a shooting occurs. Or that getting shot automatically means you are a bad guy. Really? Comparing a drug deal to a home invasion?

I have had personal experience with home invasion. My 70 year old Aunt and Uncle answered their door and two 20 something blacks one male and one female kicked it in and started beating the crap out of them. My Aunt (A rather large tough lady) knocked her attacker down and got their handgun. Holding the perps until police could arrive.

When Police arrived they set up to shoot my Aunt. My Dad and I were called by my Aunt because the invaders were saying they were going to kill them and the only thing stopping this was the gun and cops were screaming to just drop it in front of the invaders and come out. Hence we had to fight with the police to not shoot my Aunt and Uncle. I guess that is easier than seeing a bloody 70 lady needing help and actually going in. Like your Homicide remark, they were all over the Hostage situation. Yes homicide is only the killing not the reason but it carries the meaning of murder vs self defense.

Once we got the Police to listen they finally went to the door and took every one away in cuff. They finally released my Aunt and Uncle 9 hours later. My Uncle and Aunt both were really beat up and bloody. Only the female invader was bloody. Kind of obvious to me.

I understand police arriving on a scene have no idea who or what they have. And they must take time to figure out what is going etc.. Never said they should not.

My issue is that DAs and LEOs seem to spend time trying to find reasons to arrest you for defending yourself vs going out hunting for bad guys. Even after they know the facts.

I do not support hunting out bad guys and just shooting them on sight.

In this case intervening while the woman was being attacked would have been better if it was possible. Following the bad guys in a car is not a bad idea either. Not sure about asking for the goods from known armed crooks.

You just never know how the LEOs or DA will react to defending yourself and your property. This means all good guys will hesitate to ponder this. Unfortunately this can get you killed when the bad guy does not hesitate to shoot you.

Last edited by Alpha Wolf; December 1, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.03230 seconds with 8 queries