View Single Post
Old October 6, 2012, 05:25 AM   #39
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post
are you saying Colt because it's your brand of choice, or do you have other brands to compare their 1911's to? I only ask because orionengnr linked a pretty lengthy discussion over at the glocktalk forum and one of the users posted a ton of photos of his personal collection of 1911's, of which many brands/price points were represented. seemed fairly objective to me. I'm not going to run out and buy a Colt just because a few of you say it's the best. Why are their 1911's better than other brands like Kimber, Springfield Armory or any other company for that matter? Pls give me specifics
That is the guide in my signature.

As I mentioned, the best 1911 depends on your price range.

The $5000+ customs are the best, but most don't have a budget for one. The semi-custom builders can give you great quality in the $2000 to $3000 range.

I'm surprised how many votes there are for Colt in this thread. I'm not sure what those people are comparing them to, but they aren't even in the ballpark, as far as I'm concerned.

Have a top smith work on one and then you'll be there. I have two custom Colts built by Ted Yost and Mark Morris. The only things left of the original guns are the slide and frame and even they have been straightened and refinished. They are no longer Colts.

Page generated in 0.03157 seconds with 8 queries