View Single Post
Old August 28, 2009, 01:39 PM   #11
Gym

I had one installed day two after moving in to my new home in june. Also had one in both my last two homes. Suggest using a local locksmith/safe guy. This way if you ever have a problem, you have someware to turn. I always recommend bolting in to a cement floor when possible. Expect to pay in the $500.00 neighboorhood for a decent safe with electronic keypad and a backup key. Mine is large enough for a half dozen pistols plus ammo, and all my important papers. Fire retardent is a dfferent animal, if you are concerned about that, then you may have to spend a couple more dollars. Just make sure the guy that is putting in the safe, is experienced in installations. I was lucky enough to walk in cold and run into a locksmith that I had used two hours away for my business when I owned a health club, so I knew his work. He also re-keyed, my door locks for $15 dollars. Even though the builder told us that once you use the "owners" key, the ball bearings in the lock would fall out recutting the lock, "bullcrap", the loclsmith showed me that there were no such ball bearings in the lock. Also make sure that you have the install done during a week day when no one is around. That should be more than enough than you ever thought you needed to know, lol

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 8 queries