View Single Post
Old March 21, 2006, 10:53 AM   #10
Baba Louie

One thing I failed to mention earlier...

When you do CCW, you MUST be AWARE of your surroundings, place, people, avenue(s) of exit, etc.

Constantly on guard. Always looking for a way out of, or a way to avoid trouble. Sometimes, I guess, trouble does "just" happen, but I've been told, you can almost always see it coming, if your "radar" (JDLR... just doesn't look right) is on and tuned up.

This means "people watching", rubber necking, Condition Yellow, whatever you want to call it.

I did a "ride-along" with LVMetroPD years ago and it amazed me how Cops who've been on the street for awhile have developed this sense (JDLR).
The man who taught the CCW class worked with the local Police Depts and emphasized repeatedly to avoid trouble spots, BUT, to also look at the world as tho' YOU are a bad guy looking for a victim... once in awhile, to keep your senses tuned. To play "What If" by yourself...

It is amazing to see 99% of the people around you in Condition "Blithering Idiot" White.

Or maybe it's an "ignoranct, innocence is bliss", good thing, for most people will never have anything horrific happen to them.

All it takes is one happenstance.

(again, I know that you who DO CCW are aware of all this. this is for those who lurk and wonder WHY we're so "Paranoid"... or is it "Prepared"?)
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.03065 seconds with 8 queries