View Single Post
Old November 15, 2005, 01:27 PM   #21
VaughnT

I carry on the job, in a standard duty belt. My gun, magazines and ammunition are exposed to all types of weather. Who is to say that constant exposure to rain, dust, and snow isn't going to cause one of those rounds to die? Can you tell me which round is going to fail?

I can't, and that's why I generally buy 100 rounds of GDHP from Ga Arms and restock my carry load when the gun shows come around. The old ammo is used for practice, familiarizing myself with the recoil of the more powerful round.

I have never experienced a failure with the old ammo. But, I am very happy to pay that $30 for new stuff every six months. Call it cheap insurance.

Of course, I don't replace my .223 ammo in a similar fashion because my carbine isn't subjected to the same weathering as my duty pistol. While I enjoy taking my carbine out for a spin on the range, the majority of its time is spent sitting in the corner of the room. The magazines for it and my other guns might be loaded, but they are kept warm and dry, with a roof over their heads.

Page generated in 0.05515 seconds with 8 queries