View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 09:22 PM   #15
tulsamal

Quote:
I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm just curious: what extraction problems would they have with eight .22 Magnum cases that they wouldn't have with eight .22 Long Rifle cases?
I own a beautiful S&W M48. Made in 1960. I love the K-22 and thought a .22 Magnum version would be nice. Well, it is.... but the extraction problems are frustrating. First six will extract with a firm rap. Second six might or might not. If you get those out and go six more... you will probably be taking the gun home with the brass in it. I asked about it on the S&W Forums and was told, "That's the way a lot of them are, you just have to live with it." I tried different brands of ammo and some were better than others.

My "take away" from the experience is that single actions probably do make more sense for .22 Magnum revolvers. Then you can poke out one piece of brass at a time. Doesn't mean I can't see the possible self defense utility of an LCR in .22 Magnum but I can understand Ruger saying there would be extraction problems.

Gregg

Page generated in 0.03182 seconds with 8 queries