View Single Post
Old April 5, 2000, 09:22 AM   #5
Coronach

I'm laughing. I'm really laughing.

I was once teaching a GF how to shoot (she has since NOT become my wife, for which I am ever so grateful) and she was shooting the lightest skeet rounds I could find and (as was her wont) not listening to a damn thing I said about proper technique. This was a large 12g pump gun, so the felt recoil from the rounds was very small, and she was not keeping it on her shoulder, despite my continued objections.

Later that day, after we had moved on to other things, she said she wanted to shoot the shotgun again. At this point she was more-or-less unsupervised...she was at long last obeying all the rules of safety and we were alone at the range. I didn't notice that as she picked up the shotgun she also selected a few rounds of 00 buckshot in 3" magnum. Let me repeat that. I DID NOT NOTICE that she did this. Really.

Well, the results are predictable. Fortunately no greater injury developed than a VERY massive bruise to her shoulder and a scuff on the stock where she dropped the shotgun.

Mike

------------------
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries