View Single Post
Old September 12, 2011, 10:20 AM   #135
warrior poet

Personally, I abhore the erosion of our rights, beginning with the end of the Civil War. (Let's not talk history, but barring the obvious results of the Civil War, what ACTUALLY happened? More consolidation of power by the federal government, by taking power away from the states... and by extension, the individual.) That said, looking at the "sue-happiness" of parents/student versus teachers/school administrators, what other choice did they have?

I don't like; I don't condone it. But, I UNDERSTAND it. I see why the school resorts to this kind of stuff. Rather than single out the troublemakers and not allow them to attend ("I was discriminated...") they are forced to take *ahem* safety measures at the event. The biggest problem is the "Lord of the Flies" effect with today's kids. Too many parents aren't involved in their kids, relying on the school to instill manners, tact, and ethics.

I learned those at home. I APPLIED them in school- I didn't cheat, I tutored others when I was able, and tried to ADD to the lives of my fellow students. I wasn't perfect, though, I did my share of dumb stuff: fighting, racing at the old "Test Track," and the like. But I would've never gone to an event (especially one where I would have to drive home) drinking.

Page generated in 0.02665 seconds with 8 queries