View Single Post
Old February 6, 2010, 10:48 PM   #4
cloudcroft

Kevin,

If you look at Sentry and Stack-On, they seem so identical they may have been made in the very same factory (Stack-On "Elite" models are their more expensive ones). So if you like the Sentry line, look at some Stack-On models, too, before you buy in case one you like a Stack-On better or, one brand -- for the same sized-safe -- is cheaper than the other.

IIRC, Walmart, Academy Sports and Sports Authority carried Sentry or Stack-On (research that online). If you have one of these stores nearby, call them or go down in-person to see what they have in stock on the floor. The 5/10/15-gun models (Sentry or Stack-On) are light and small enough for one person to manhandle into a SUV/PU truck so you'll save $$ on having someone deliver it to your house/apartment. I believe even Home Depot and Lowes carry safes, too...check that online or call the store.

I have several "safes" (actually, they are called RSCs) and one is an older Sentry model, the G2215, which is 10-gun sized.

Good luck,

-- John D.

P.S. Avoid the thinner-metal "gun cabinets" and get a "gun safe" (i.e., a RSC)...whatever your budget will afford. Thicker steel is better, but also means more expensive. As for what kind of LOCK to get, the general concensus is it's preferable to get combination/mechanical locks rather than the digital/elecrical locks (research that issue, too). -- JD

Last edited by cloudcroft; February 8, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.02533 seconds with 8 queries