View Single Post
Old November 2, 2013, 09:25 PM   #9
Valornor

*BigJimP

I'm like you and try to keep all my loads with in 0.1gr but on a volume measure progressive I've found it's a pretty tall task. I'll usually accept a 0.2 to 0.4 margin depending on the caliber I am loading for. I don't typically load for small volume cases and I know 0.5gr can be the difference on a starting load and a max load for some pistols. Anything that I want or requires that sort of accuracy I'll weigh every charge.

As it's been said before variations in case wall thickness can be detected by weighing the cases. This is really only needed for working up precision rifles loads, while I am sure you'l get case variation in pistol calibers, most pistols aren't going to shoot better then 2 or 3MOA and the precaution is usually wasted.

As for me, I do not weight cases for my .308 or .223. However I'll uniform the flash holes and primer pockets on the .308. Since I only have to do it once in the life of the case I figure it's is probably worth the time. I have and load far to many .223 to make it feasible.

If I was going for ultra precision, you'd bet I'd weight every case.

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 8 queries