View Single Post
Old October 11, 2010, 02:15 PM   #2
kraigwy

I wont address TV shows but I'll mention what is proper.

That is, it depends, on the size of the hand and the size of the gun, or simply put:

FIT

Once the proper grip is obtained, (I like the high grip myself), then the finger should be placed where it is "comfortable" but allow "SMOOTH" pull of the trigger straight back, without disturbing the sight alignment.

Now having said that, one can use his trigger finger to adjust sights, ........not really sights, but point of impact. If your groups of going right, push your trigger finger a little deeper into the trigger guard (for right handed shooter). If your groups are going left, then put less finger in the trigger guard.

The key word here is 'SMOOTH', not squeeze as use to be taught by the army, you can squeeze all day, it may or may not be smooth, or you can concentrate on your squeeze to the point that the target is gone (as in hunting) or dies of old age. Squeezing is something reserved for the ladies who don't seem to mind how long you squeeze them. Not so with shooting.

You can shoot Smooth, fast or slow, doesn't matter as long as it is smooth and doesn't disturb sight alignment.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02028 seconds with 8 queries