View Single Post
Old April 7, 2014, 04:24 PM   #13
ZVP

Brushy, you probablly spent the cost of the revolver and then some for the custom work!
I have a Uberti Colt London model that definatelly is a slickie right out of the box! Way better than my Piettia's ever were! I'd consider investing some custom "smithing on that one! The Piettias seem to be a lot rougher and less well finished than the Uberti London.
The best part about the London Model is the use of a Peacemaker grip assy on the revover. It makes a world of difference in handling and grip! The Uberti is really accurate as-is moreso than my Piettias.
Don't get me wrong, I like my Piettia Colts, just that the Uberti is so much better finished and fitted. I have a .Piettia 44 Brasser "Navy", and a sweet '62 style .36 caliber Police model Piettia. The Policee is actually nothing more than a 5 1/2" bbl with a 6 shot fluted cylinder on a '62 frame. A real nice set-up being a 6 shot with the shorter bbl. Makes handling real nice.
You have had some pretty extensive mods done to your Piettia! Makes that one a true Custom one-off revolver! I bet the mods will extend the revolvers lifespan into a "Generation's type" gun! the mods to prevent Cap Jams are particularly worthwhile!
I need to check his site for prices!
Thanks for the Video and information.
ZVP

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries