View Single Post
Old August 7, 2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Wild Bill Bucks

FF,

#1 No problem if you rinsed them first.

#2 Strap on pegs, seem to me to be a little easier to manage, while hanging from a tree with one hand. Just wrap them around, and synch them tight. These can also be put on while wearing gloves, so it keeps the scent off of your hands from being on the steps.

#3 I caught some pee from a couple of does that we raised, about 3 years ago, and put the pee in some camera film holders, filled with cotton. Drilled a hole in the bottom, and ran a string through it, so they could be tied, upside down. When I got to the woods, I simply tied them up on branches, and took the lid off,(cotton held the pee inside the holder, but lets the scent out.) Do not over fill or you will get it all over you. When you leave the woods simply put the lid back on, and take them back to camp with you.

This sounded like a good idea to me, but I really can't say it did much for my hunt that year. I tried this for 7 days in a row, and I don't think it really helped a whole lot, since I didn't see any bucks throw their head up and smell any of them (saw 4 bucks and none of them seemed to notice them)

#4 No info here. But sounds good in the sales catologue. If you buy one and use it, post the results, as I have a hard time seeing blood spots at night anymore.

Page generated in 0.03548 seconds with 8 queries