View Single Post
Old July 30, 2008, 03:38 PM   #16
45_Shooter

Quote:
lots more can go wrong with a hammer fired weapon... & there is ( even though very little ) more of a time lapse between pull of the trigger & firing of the cartridge... this time lapse, even though small can effect the percieved accuracy of the weapon under recoil... especially for new shooters who do not have all the skills, & may be lacking complete follow through on taking the shot
I'll admit a hammer fired weapon is usually slightly more complicated than a striker, but I really don't see a difference between the reliability of one over the other. If anything, hammer fired weapons usually have a harder primer hit than a striker.

I've also never seen a shooter (new or not) struggle to shoot a hammer fired weapon due to what you describe, the firing time difference has to miniscule if anything at all. The fastest race pistols on the planet (semi or revolver) are all hammer fired, so I can't imagine it really matters that much.

I usually see a new shooter struggling much more with trigger control of a long, uneven, or mushy DAO trigger than a short SA one, and I'd tend to think that makes up for any slight difference in ignition time they might face.

Page generated in 0.03839 seconds with 8 queries