View Single Post
Old May 30, 2005, 10:00 PM   #12
eka

"It's really up to the police, but I question the judgement of any LEO who would put his or her life at risk, and the lives of bystanders at risk, in order to aprehend a non-violent criminal in a substantially uncontrollable environment."

Yeah, this guy was really non-violent. He rammed three police vehicles and tried to run over an officer on foot. And drug dealers have never been known to carry guns or shoot anybody.

"In Dallas, I think it was in January 2003, some masked undercover cop entered a convenience store with gun drawn to apprehend a drug dealer who had just entered the store. She was promptly shot by the clerk."

I might agree with you if any of these officers had entered one of the stores in this incident. However, they were attempting to apprehend a felon who was violently attempting to flee in a parking lot. Sorry these guys didn't call a timeout and go over to the nice ladies and show them a badge and ID.

"The sad part about it all is that it is totally legal and will be upheld by the present court system."

Yes Dwight, it was legal and our legal system works just fine. Which country do you think has a better one? And just what do you think these "Jackbooted Nazi Wannabe's" should have been doing? Whatever they would have done, I have the feeling you would not have been happy with it. If they write a guy a speeding ticket, they should have been out arresting drug dealers and if they are out arresting drug dealers they should be doing something else. Just don't forget it was the suspect that turned this arrest into a violent use of force issue, not the police.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries