View Single Post
Old October 1, 2010, 08:27 AM   #11
twobit

I am going to wager that it will never happen for citizens.

It took until 2004 for the The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) (a United States federal law), to be promoted and passed by Pres. Bush so peace officers from any state were allowed to carry outside their home state in all states. Before that was passed there were a few states that I could not carry in, even if I was there on official law enforcement business (go figure). The LEOSA still has many restrictions that it would make sense to remove. For Example: I am allowed to be armed within feet of any government official or foreign head of state (including the US president) but flying off duty while armed, and carrying inside Federal buildings (even some while on-duty), are still no-carry zones for LEO's. Federal military bases are also mostly no-carry areas for LEO's also. Considering that I have these restrictions even though I have 23 consecutive years as a LEO with 12 of those being a department head, I repeat my guess that 50 state concealed carry for citizens will never happen.

Last edited by twobit; October 1, 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.02448 seconds with 8 queries