View Single Post
Old February 11, 2009, 03:54 PM   #4
ipscchef

Gunsmith School

Kraigy and El Paso Joe,
I can't tell you how much your support means to me. Except for my two best friends and my wife, I am getting a whole lot of funny looks from people, including my surgeon, when I tell them what my plans are. I have been shooting and 'tinkering' with guns since I was 8 years old and am VERY excited about this opportunity. I have worked with my hands all of my life and would be miserable working at a desk shuffling paper. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just is not for me.
I have to get back to work for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is I am going absolutly nuts sitting around the house! Some of my friends keep telling me "you have been working sixty hours a week for the last thirty years why don't you just chill out and relax?". Well we don't have the money to travel or do some of the other things we want to do someday and as I said earlier, this sittin' around all day is gettin' real old real fast. So that is the other reason for me to get off my a&& and get going again!
I haven't been this excited about anything in years and am chomping at the bit to get started.

El Paso Joe; I am in the proccess of filling out forms for financial aid in the form of grants and loans from the state and the Feds. It is a lot of paperwork but there are some very good programs out there, and the state of Pa. where I live is being very helpful to me with suprisingly little red tape. I will be getting some money in the from of a grant that does not have to be paid back and some will be low interest student loans.
Maybe some day I can work on some of your guns for you!

Thanks again for having my back,

Bill Henderson

Page generated in 0.03105 seconds with 8 queries