View Single Post
Old February 5, 2006, 09:27 AM   #1
Dust_Devil

Got into a sitution where I had to pull my weapon

I'm going to try to make this short without going into too much detail. I work night time security at a car dealer. I have an armed guard card so I do carry a firearm which happens to be my Glock 23.
While patrolling the dealership lot, I saw two suspects trying to steal a tire off a truck and while attempting to stop them, one of them made a movement towards me like he had a gun himself. Without hesitation, I took cover behind another vehicle in the lot and unholstered my Glock. The two suspects ran off jumping a fence into a pick-up truck that was parked where I couldn't see enough of it to get a good description and a plate number. The police were called and I gave them any information I could and they went off to patrol the area for the suspects.

I'm still a little shaken right now. At that moment, I thought I would be getting into a real gun fight. I could hardly catch my breath to talk to the police.
Though the incident did make me very nervous, I found that I controlled myself very well. My movement to unholster my Glock and take cover was instantaneous. I did not start firing my weapon like a madman because I thought the suspect may of had a weapon, but took cover to better evaluate the situation( and to protect my ass) and the motive of the suspects before I felt I needed to fire my weapon at them.
As the two suspects ran off like the wind, it may now been that none of them were armed after all and possibly saw that I had a weapon and that is why they decided not to take me on- two unarmed suspects versus one armed security guard.
It would of been a terrible situation of it turned into a gun fight. It would been even more terrible if I started shooting and killed some unarmed thieves for trying to steal a tire.

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries