View Single Post
Old June 25, 2012, 07:22 PM   #29
output

Quote:
The front is lit up like a Christmas tree by the flood lights from the building across the street.
I am sorry but...the building "across" the street has nothing to do with “your” house. Your home does not need to look like it is worth a million dollars. It just needs to look like an “easy target” with a $15.00 dollar TV inside. Burglars and criminals want to take the path of least resistance. If your residence looks like an easy target it is probably because it is. If “small and uninviting” means your residence in small and unlit…you need to fix it. “Low expectations” and easy money are one-in-the-same IMO.

To reiterate criminals purposely pick the easiest targets possible. That normally makes smaller or older looking homes the first target. They are looking for a poorly illuminated house hoping no one is home or that an elderly person is home and sound asleep.

I wish I kept some articles/studies I read for reference. Now I am sorry I did not.

Page generated in 0.07565 seconds with 8 queries