View Single Post
Old March 3, 2006, 03:47 AM   #2
USNavy_233

It depends on the type of training and the tactics you're looking to develop. If you were looking to train for Close quarters work (I.E., room clearing, VBSS, etc) then I would say airsoft. If you were trying to train on patrolling, raids, ambushes, and other more "traditional" wartime scenario, I would say stick with paintball.

The reason I make this distinct is because although paintball can be used for close quarters work, it's far more messy and inaccurate then airsoft. When you're doing room clearing and VBSS the extra accuracy can be a bonus since you're most likely going to face a hostage scenario and it's good to know how to shoot the bad guy without hitting the hostage. Paintball is too sloppy to drill this affectively in my opinion.

If you're working outside then you probably don't care about the mess left by splattering paint everywhere. Also, the accuracy and precision of an airsoft weapon doesn't matter quite as much because when dealing with raids, patrols, etc, the focus is more on individual and unit tactics and less on shot placement. Just my $.02. If you post more specific info about the type of training and tactics you want to learn, I'll be able to give you a better opinion.

-Walt

Page generated in 0.03263 seconds with 8 queries