Thread: Help with boots
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2007, 01:21 AM   #5
RedneckFur

My personal choice? Go with Nicks (www.nicksboots.com) They are custom made, and a bit on the pricey side, but you simply cant find a better work boot. Better doesnt exsist. I've had a pair for about a year now, and once i got them broke in, they are more comfortable than a pair of worn out sneakers, or sandals. I can walk all day in all sorts of rough terrain (I'm a forest technician and fire fighter) and my feet will be the only part of my body that isnt sore. Their customer service is excelent, and before building your boots, they will send you a pair to try on for fit. You call the boot maker while wearing the try on pair, and they will sort out any fitting issues you have while designing your pair. They have a life long customer in me.

I'd recomend the Hotshot or the Forester boot, in 10 inch height. Both are can be resoled, and can be rebuilt if you manage to wear the leather out. With care, and a few resolings, a pair of these boots can litteraly last as long as 10 years. I dont even think Danner can claim that. The 25V Hotshot boot is one of the few that have been chosen to climb Mt. Everest.

Last edited by RedneckFur; May 13, 2007 at 03:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.02775 seconds with 8 queries