Thread: FFL Required?
View Single Post
Old March 11, 2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Fishing_Cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom
If you cannot get an FFL because your city refuses to issue a business license, your beef is with your city.....not ATF
Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned the ATF voicing their concerns to the local officials here to encourage them not to issue a business license, zoning waiver, etc. I know it happened in my case because when I received the notice in the mail about the city revoking my business license and zoning waiver then, the city manager that was here at the time, whom I met with in person told me it was because the ATF inspector had asked them to do so. I was told it was because I was working from home. The ATF inspector visited and spoke with both zoning and the city manager on the day of my initial inspection, before he met with me. Since the ATF requested this in a personal discussion with the city manager then, my beef is with the ATF on this issue.

Again, I am glad everything worked out great for you, but it is not always the case for everyone. Sometimes they make it difficult, and a person has to work through the issues.

While we had what seems as 2 different experiences with the ATF, I would prefer others to be knowledgeable and to understand that its not always "easy" and that there can be roadblocks tossed up that needs to be overcome.

Last edited by Fishing_Cabin; March 11, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Page generated in 0.03607 seconds with 8 queries