View Single Post
Old August 15, 2004, 08:03 PM   #1
GBTX01

Tired of being out-gunned

I have gotten involved with Three gun competitions. I am doing well at holding my own in the Rifle/pistol stages but I'm getting my @ss handed to me on the Shotgun stages. My current set-up is a Mossberg 590 with full length stock and pistol grip, Ghost Ring sights and side saddle. It shots fine with slugs but it does not have a choke. Most of the competitions set their steel targets heavy and I am not able to knock down the steel at longer ranges and end up having to transition to pistol. I have decided that I need to upgrade.
As I see it I have three options. First, get a new 20" barrel with Chokes. Second, get a smith to ream out my current barrel for chokes. Three, get a new gun.
The problem with option #1 is that the only 20" choked barrels I have found all have ribs. Which,I think, will make it non-compatable with my current ghost ring set-up.
#2 seems like a lot of work and probably will cost me a pretty penny.
#3 I am always looking for a reason to add a new gun to my collection. If I did I am thinking about getting the Rem 1100 Competition Master. I've gotten to shoot them a couple of times at the matches and they are very nice.
Anyone who has had a similiar situation your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03833 seconds with 8 queries