View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 09:22 AM   #6
Skans

I have never used a credit card to pay for an interstate firearm purchase. I pay with money order(s) or personal check. I prefer paying with personal check, because it is easier and I have a solid record of the transaction. If I get ripped off, it is not that difficult to get the video from the bank where the check was deposited/cashed - I've done this before in a non-gun related matter.

Typically, I will ask to pay by personal check and give the seller whatever time (up to 3 weeks, if he wants) to let the check clear before shipping. Checks usually clear now in 3 days, so I have never been delayed by this.

If I REALLY WANT THE GUN, I will sometimes agree to pay by money order. One reason I don't like using money orders is because it requires that I spend almost 2 hours driving to the bank to get $$$$ cash, then driving to the post office and waiting in line to purchase money orders. I have to take time off from work to do this! So, if a seller is going to make me jump through the hoops of getting money orders, the price (and rarity of the gun) must really justify this.

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries