View Single Post
Old May 7, 2005, 04:57 PM   #38
Bruce_G

Sounds like a totally clean shoot to me, I hope it all works out that way.

In SC, you can't brandish your weapon to make someone back down. You are either justified to draw and fire or you are not. Brandishing is illegal. I doubt a mugger would file charges(edit, well, only after he got caught), but that's what I was taught about 8 years ago when I took my CCW class. If it's changed since then, I'd like to know about it.

The issue about his vehicle is also being interpreted incorrectly also. He was not driving around firing his weapon, he was cornered and was being forced to retreive money from his vehicle, he was in no way in control of the vehicle and in a position to retreat. He had already been assulted and had every reason to believe that he was in danger of death or serious bodily harm.

Even if the perp was unarmed, there are situations where it would not matter. A young, strong aggressive perp could certainly pose enough of a threat that a reasonable person would fear for their life or serious bodily harm. In my class I was taught that women, the elderly or the disabled have a much lower standard to meet that than a younger more able bodied male.

Page generated in 0.03646 seconds with 8 queries