View Single Post
Old August 19, 2001, 11:18 PM   #13
KilgorII

Just wanted to let you guys know what kind of progress we have made.

I bought her a nice looking PAST shooting vest with padded shoulder, fits her nicely.

I also ground down the toe of the recoil pad a hair to permit her to shoulder the gun without snagging before it was in place. Seems to have helped.

We've been a few more times and she still wasn't hitting well. Like I said, I really didn't know how to teach her, but I am trying. Friday we went out shooting and there was a fellow there that I know. He's a real shooter and is quite good. I asked him to show her proper form and such and he did. She then busted, no she DUSTED the next clay. I was throwing them with at the sporting clays range and throwing the clay that goes straight away (easier to hit). She shot a box of shells and hit 18 out of the last 20 (the first five were all misses before Lefty showed her proper stance and hold the gun with a few more tips thrown in). I was shocked. You could have knocked me over with a feather and she was positively beaming. Those first five had hurt her shoulder and she was done with 25.

We went back out the next day (at HER request ). She shot 50 shells with no pain (holding the gun right helps I suppose ). I threw her some crossing shots as well and she missed a few of them until she figured out the lead and then started busting them. She busted about 70%.

She's not an ATA champ yet, but she has come so far in such a short time that I am astounded. She's got a lot of natural talent. We go dove hunting in 2 weeks and they may just have something to fear from her...

Thank you guys for your help. I'm a very happy man.

Kilgor

Page generated in 0.01982 seconds with 8 queries