View Single Post
Old July 12, 2012, 02:25 PM   #32
vyse.04

Quote:
Taurus is cheap junk; sorry to bust peoples chops who own one and "its been flawless" but you don't get all those "bells and whistles" at that price in the 1911 world without sacrificing quality and fitting.
Quote:
Taurus has made the bed they lay in and their semi-auto pistols do not garner a great reputation in the industry for a reason.
I am by no means a Taurus fanboy, but as mentioned I am a happy Taurus owner. Of course sacrifices will be made when you are looking at their price point. I don't think anyone here will argue the quality of Taurus being superior to that of the high end makers that you mentioned earlier (Nighthawk, Wilson, etc.). If I had $3k to spend on a 1911, I would be all over a Nighthawk T3... But I don't.

If you have had bad experiences with a Taurus firearm, then you have every right in the world to be upset. I personally haven't, and if I did I would certainly mention it. Taurus has always catered to the lower end of the spectrum in terms of pricing. But if their reputation were so bad, I don't think they would have been in business for as long as they have. People spend too much time and energy bringing up the cheap parts from Brazil argument against Taurus, but most don't know where their Springfield 1911 parts come from. The same thing can be said with the Philippines 1911's as well.

No company will spend $1,500 making a firearm and sell it for $500... It just won't happen. I paid a little over $500 for my PT1911, and I don't see how I would get double (or triple) the value with a Kimber at this time. YMMV.

Page generated in 0.02401 seconds with 8 queries