View Single Post
Old May 14, 2008, 05:57 PM   #32
spacemanspiff

Spray on an animal is NOT the cureall, it might discourage an animals attack, or delay it, just be ready to use another form of defense. I have sprayed a pitbull that just sneezed it off in a matter of seconds. And depending on what type of coat the animal has, the spray might not even be useful.

I still laugh my butt off when my roommate tells the story of his exwifes dog that I sprayed, after I left, he called the dog in (dog was loose, and found its way back to what it felt was home), petted it for a few minutes, and then used the restroom. Took a few minutes for the residue to take effect, and then it took several hours and multiple showers for his junk to go back to normal temps!

When we got 'certified' at the bar to use spray, it was ingrained into us students that it will only buy you a little bit of time to control the person(s) and subdue them. We were sprayed and were able to wash it off within a minute, those we did spray in the course of our work however, would wind up in handcuffs and unable to wash for quite some time.

Some have suggested the stream versus the fog output, keep in mind the stream requires more accuracy in the one deploying it, the fog output has an 'area affect', meaning you dont have to exactly get it right in their face.

Page generated in 0.03224 seconds with 8 queries