View Single Post
Old December 20, 2013, 09:30 AM   #43
FiveInADime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke66 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with a Marlin X7? I won a nice looking wood stocked Marlin X7 this off season. Put a Leupold scope I had on it and took it to the range. Very happy with the accuracy and couldn't wait to take it to the deer woods. Finally had the opportunity to put it on a deer, nailed the first one. Problem came when I jacked in a second round for the second deer it jammed. Luckily the deer was kind enough to stand there and wait for me to clear and shoot it but it was very concerning that it didn't eject the first round completely.
There have been sporadic extractor problems with the early X7 rifles made in the Marlin plant. Haven't heard too much about that particular issue since they moved production to the KY Remington plant. It's an easy fix for a gunsmith if you don't want to send the gun to Marlin/Remington.

I have a Mayfield, KY made stainless X7 and it recently took on an over-pressure load with a blown primer. The ejector stuck in the bolt face but the extractor survived. Waiting till after Christmas to get that ejector replaced .

Edit:

There are some smiths that have successfully modified Savage extractors to fit the Marlin bolt-head. Check out the Marlin Owners forum in the X7 subforum.

Last edited by FiveInADime; December 20, 2013 at 09:36 AM.

Page generated in 0.03797 seconds with 8 queries