View Single Post
Old June 27, 2008, 09:39 PM   #20
Raider2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Haggen
If it's not reasonably historically accurate I want no part of it. I realize there are some who don't care but I'm not one of them and I'm not alone.
Iagree with you HH but only that it isn't for me, the Ruger Old Army was not a Historically accurate weapon except that it used a cap & ball system, even though it is a fine weapon in it's own right it has no place in my gun locker because it is only a modern representation of a weapon that is only playing to be a C&B revolver.

Now as far as the brass framed revolver that you like from Cabelas, Pohill I think you mean Pietta not Cabelas because that is who make 98% of the C&B revolvers for Cabelas but for the most part you are correct that Colt did in fact not make a 1851 Navy in a brass frame & especially not in .44 caliber but I think I had seen one variant that was manufactured during the War of Northern Aggression that was similar to the Colt 51 with a Brass frame from one of the many facilities in the south.

Now to the OP:

If you are stuck in getting a Brass framed C&B revolver please keep the loads around 20gr. max of FFFG gun powder to keep the weapon around for some time because after a while the brass will tend to stretch & fatigue from normal use of full house loads.

Also being in college, please I hope that you are living in off campus quarters because there may be some rules against firearms possession while on the campus property.

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries