View Single Post
Old June 10, 2013, 07:17 PM   #13
GunXpatriot

You're right, in the last few days, I hear people talking about xxx/200 clays. Now today, my arm is pretty sore, and lifting it causes discomfort. It doesn't feel "bruised" though, it's strange. Like the .30-06 will break blood vessels in my arm, as did that semi, many years ago.

This feels more like I overworked muscle, rather than being bruised, kind of hard to explain. In fact, my cheek feels pretty beat up too... I'm going to need a few days. It's strange that 50 rounds beat me up like this. First off, I think I may look into a box or two 1oz loads to try. I'll go out and compare them to 1 1/8. I doubt the 1/8 oz is going to make a difference, At the same speed, if you're missing with a 1oz, I doubt you'd hit it with the extra 1/8th.

Another thing would be a better recoil pad. It really does seem that I'm not very good at tolerating recoil, as much as I enjoy shooting. Kind of dissapointing. I wonder if Wolf's Law applies here.

The more/heavier recoil you shoot, the less it will affect you. Muay Thai fighters in Thailand kick banana trees until they can break baseball bats with their shins. Shaolin Monks do the same for multiple parts of the body, including their neck, until they can sustain hanging. Sounds pretty crazy actually...

So yeah, I wonder if that would mean anything here. Shall I just go and shoot more often? I bet over time, you can build at least some recoil tolerance.

But right now, I'll definitely look into 1oz loads. By the way, what would ideal shot size be? How about choke?

Yesterday, I was running (as I said) 1-1/8th #7.5 which is apparently 3 DE. I was running the modified choke that was already pre-installed. It seemed to be what most people recommend. If you are using anything from 7.5-9, I would think it's more of a case of "you either hit it or you don't, shot size won't matter". Would that be right? Was the modified choke correct to use?

Page generated in 0.02334 seconds with 8 queries