View Single Post
Old June 1, 2012, 04:39 PM   #1
mikehotel

Colt Python with throw-by on one chamber

I own a Colt Python made in 1981 and I’m sorry if my question has been answered. I did a search and found many posts on Pythons, but not exactly one that describes my problem.

After following Dfariswheel's checklist for Pythons I realize that I have a case of throw-by on one of the chambers when firing in DA. This happens whether I pull a slow or fast DA. It dos not happen in SA. The bolt drops where its suppose to drop on all chambers, but on one of the chambers it lands in the middle of the ramp like the others, but then jump past the notch.

The hand is obviously the same so I believe the problem is located to the cylinder. I can see some variations to the different spokes on the crane.

After about 100 dry shots, on snaps, I get a fine dust of brass on the back of the cylinder, and the snap caps show fine marks along the edge of the rim. I do not know if this is related to my other problem.

In addition I live in Norway so shipping the gun to Hartford is unfortunately no longer an option.

If anyone have an idea for a diagnosis, and perhaps a cure I’d really appreciate it.

Page generated in 0.03407 seconds with 8 queries