View Single Post
Old July 24, 2009, 12:24 AM   #8
.300 Weatherby Mag

Quote:
What? 6 inches at 100 yards? A .243? Something ain't right. My son's 700 and mine, both in .308, shot tight groups right out of the box...A .243 is inherently accurate. Does everyone who shoots it have the same trouble?
Yep... Same results... With ammo it doesn't like it won't stay in the black at 100 yards......:barf: Even off my sinclair B/R rest... My 7lb model 70 in .300 weatherby will produce 1.5 inch groups at this distance with this setup..

Quote:
It is new (as in, under warranty new) or new to you? If it is brand new, let Remington fix it, because something clearly isn't right.
Factory new... Because the rifle functions and is safe... I'm pretty much SOL...

Quote:
The Rem. 700 design is not ideal for hunting. Consider a rifle that has a safety that locks the firing pin and not just the trigger and is also three position and not only two like the 700.

The Rem. has a weak extractor thats just tiny spring, a brazed on bolt handle also.

Get a better gun. The M70's, M77's and Kimbers don't have these design problems
This is the only push feed hunting rifle I own... With the exception of a couple of target rifles everything else is a mauser design of some sort....

Page generated in 0.03574 seconds with 8 queries