View Single Post
Old January 5, 2009, 09:20 PM   #205
BuckHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavracer
I actually leave town sometimes durring normal days and BGs are not the only things that need shot.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong
Not keeping that .416 Rigby by your chair could mean losing your life when that tiger leaps through your window. Only having 2 magazines instead of 3 could mean losing your life. Only having 32 rounds with you instead of 58 rounds could mean losing your life. Having 2 magazines loaded with 7 rounds of .45 instead of 1 magazine with 17 rounds of 9mm could mean losing your life. Lots of things could mean the difference, but I don't think one should worry much about it.
Much of your examples are not convenient for most. For many, the carrying of extra magazine(s) is easy and convenient. Also, we're drifting back to talking about different weapons, as opposed to reloads, which is what this thread is about, at least IMHO, although I have noted that you disagree.

Why don't we just get into another 9mm vs .40 vs .45 while we're at it?

And it all still boils down to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckHammer
Basically, if carrying extra magazines is easy for you, and/or you want to do it, by all means do it. Even though your chances of survival in general have BARELY improved, they have improved nonetheless. If carrying magazines is trouble for you, or you just don't want to, that's FINE, your survivability increase of carrying an extra mag would have been negligible anyway.

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 8 queries